Rules about Traffic citations
TO CONTEST THE CITATION AND REQUEST A TRIAL
REMIT TOTAL BAIL AMOUNT indicated in the middle of the citation, right below violations, on or before your due date. Include a short note that you are pleading not guilty, include your phone number, return address and your citation number. You will receive a NOTICE OF TRIAL by certified mail within five (5) days after the court has received your bail and request.
If you are not contesting the citation and are unable to remit the full amount of the fine/assessment by the due date YOU MUST CONTACT the court prior to your due date to arrange payments.
AVAILABLE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Remit cashier’s check or money order made payable to JUSTICE COURT. Print your name, address and citation number clearly on your remittance so it can be applied to your account.
THE OPTIONS OFFERED BY THE STATE TO AMEND MOVING VIOLATIONS:
These offers are pursuant to information from the District Attorney's office. If you are interested in speaking with the District Attorney's Office regarding these negotiations, please call the District Attorney's Office at (775) 485-6352.
(NRS 484B.617 “rural speed” is not a moving violation)
- if cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $420.00 and traffic school is MANDATORY.
- If cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $520.00 and traffic school is MANDATORY.
- If cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $740 and a traffic school IS MANDATORY.
- Speeding 36 mph or more over the posted limit; the fine/assessment is increased to $940 and a traffic school certificate of completion is required. Upon receipt of the foregoing the violation will be amended to a one (1) point violation.
- If cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $1,040 and a traffic school is MANDATORY
- If cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $520 and traffic school is MANDATORY
- If cited in the construction zone the fine is increased to $420 and traffic school is MANDATORY
- If cited in the construction zone and you are pleading not guilty a trial will be scheduled at which time you will appear with counsel to present your defense, no other option offered.
Traffic school many be completed in person or on line with any school licensed in your home state.
To Pay a Citation . . .
To pay a citation, please send a cashier's check or money order endorsed to Justice Court to the address above OR YOU MAY CALL THE COURT AND MAKE A PAYMENT BY PHONE WITH A VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER, please be advised any credit or debit card transaction will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee. Please make sure that your name, citation number and return address are legible. Or you can pay on our website at https://client.pointandpay.net/web/EsmeraldaTownshipJusticeCourt